Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

PaulB - none of what you says washes at all, certainly none of the media are naive enough to think Brown is not responsible. Brown set the tone for his Government and as PM the buck stops with him. Mcbride was his right hand man, his trusted ally and his political strategist (paid for by us taxpayers not the Labour Party). This man has a track record of this, hence his nickname of McPoison, a nickname coined by Labour people. McBride did this at no10, on a salary paid by taxpayers, on Government computers, a man who has been at Brown's right hand for many years who he transferred across from the Treasury. A known quantity by Brown, trusted by him and a man on whom he has relied before to do his dirty work. At the very least Brown's judgement is seriously at fault but no-one really believes in Westminster that Brown knows nothing about what McBride was up to.

Even long standing Labour supporting journalists and Labour MPs pin the blame on Brown for this state of affairs.

I have to laugh at Brown's letters to those who were targetted. He mentions regret, not any regret at the lies devised by McBride, but regret at the damage caused to politics, not a word of sorry. If I had a close and trusted employee who had to resign or be sacked by actions such as this then I would be responsible and as such would issue an apology. Brown though does not do sorry.

Compare Browns claim of not being responsible for this to how employers get treated over employees who exhibit unaccepatble behaviour. How employers get sued over a male employee who sexually harrasses a female employee for instance. They, the employer, gets held responsible for the actions of his employee in case after case.

We hear this from Brown all the time dont we, there is a pattern here. I was not responsible will be written on his tombstone. To hear him, he is not responsible for anything, except abolishing boom and bust of course!!! The man is a pathetic fool.

As for Cameron's spin doctor, indeed he did work for the NoTW but it is what he does in DC's name while working for him that is important here.

end link