Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having to use online shopping due to being ‘confined to barracks’ during the current Coronavirus lockdown It was interesting to see how the different operatives’ approached their roles.

A young lady arrived with one delivery and rang the bell and said, “don’t open the door and I will unpack your goods outside.”

It was rather a large order, as we were also helping neighbours with their shop, but she unpacked the boxes putting the bags of frozen and chilled food nearest the door.

Upon completion she knocked on the door and with a cheery wave she proceeded on her way! I called out my thanks to her, she replied, “that’s my job, stay safe!”

Today a male arrived with a smaller order and I called over the gate, “can you leave it by the door please.”

He replied, “yes, you can unpack it.” Which I did whilst he stood back. I thanked him for the delivery, to which he said, “some people think that we are just delivery drivers!”

end link