Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm not sure if you are winding me up David, but after I was requested not to attend any more Town Team meetings, those who attended the next one were charged with looking into certain aspects.

I'm sure he won't mind me saying so, but Steve Davies of the Accommodation Shop was charged with finding out about running a street market. He contacted Dover and Channel Chamber of Commerce; he received no reply from Dover, but Peter Hobbs of the Channel Chamber said if you want to know anything about running a street market, talk to Roger Walkden - so he did.

I had written a paper on this and it has been updated a number of times since; It was also brought to a Town Team meeting at Simon's office in Castle Street, where it was discounted by the majority of those attending; you all knew better.

I have been told that it is personal and that no matter what I send or suggest, it will be discarded. I think that is a shame - not for me, but for Dover, but hey ho, life goes on.

I appreciate you and the other Town Team members are working very hard and well done for what you have achieved, but I do believe that had you been more inclusive than exclusive, you may have achieved more.

Roger

end link