Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As with all these cases we only know the outline facts. Without being in possession of the full evidence it is usual to resort to type and trot out our entrenched responses. I don't know if this man was mentally ill or not nor do I know if he was given a fair trial. I do, however, think it is unworthy to take a life in any circumstance.
    I am concerned too that the west is giving mixed messages to China. When Chinese leaders visited Britain recently any demonstration of opposition was dealt with in a very authoritarian way by the British government in order to protect trade interests. Chinese human rights are abysmal yet trade opportunities mean that any critical, political statements are toned down.
    China has shown its true colours this week, not having to worry about the world's attention for an event such as the Olympics, and we need to learn that this soon-to-be world power (economically and militarily) does not do things our way.
    Western greed for the Chinese markets has meant that we chose to turn a blind eye to much of what we dislike and it's a bit late now to be bleating about it.

end link