Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Found this post from the forum archives so very interesting, I thought a little airing would be in order. A great pity these historic vessels whether the enemy or not, are just left to rot away beneath the waves. I know they`re war graves but perhaps in decades to come, one or two may be raised before it`s too late. I don`t know if there is some sort of maritime law regarding how long, (if at all), before they can be touched. Imagine today, finding an 18th century battleship well preserved in the Goodwin sands with a few skeletons in the hold. Would you leave it there? I`m just talking here about the future generations of historians, who may wish we`d have done something now before these important wrecks are gone forever. It was a very appalling act when that WW2 U boat was cut up a while back at Birkenhead. Perhaps their notoriety still fresh in our minds, but not the minds of future generations. I`m sure the long dead crew would approve.

end link