Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    Our Begonias are flourishing but it took them forever to get going this year, I am experimenting with: Leaf vein cut propagation method. Supposed to be an easy way to do it, so time will tell!

Sounds like a good plan Reginald, it will be interesting to learn how it works out for you as I usually take the easy option and buy plugs of bedding Begonias.

I know that they can be treated as biennials but to keep them going is hardly worth the effort of giving them the protection they need.

The small orange Begonia, Begonia Sutherlandii, is a perennial and produces small tubers and has ensured a continuous supply of a few plants for many years (at least 20 yrs), with little effort from me!

The large tubers of the yellow Begonia type I sometimes pare and seal with sulphur with varying degrees of success, (I lost the red ones last year due to rot)!

end link