Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Some immigration has proved to be beneficial to the country such as the great range of eating places we have and many English people like to dabble in cooking exotic dishes because the ingredients are readily available. The health service would grind to a halt without them mainly because we don't invest in people and find it cheaper to import the skills. My G.P surgery has 4 Indian Doctors and one English but of Somali descent - all excellent I have to say and my Dentist is Bangla Deshi and his colleagues all qualified abroad. Had various hospital procedures over the last year or so and can only think of receptionists being English.

The other side of the coin is mass inward movement of cheap labour which is always placed in poorer communities putting pressure on services and unsettling the locals. This has happened with the "Windrush" scheme then later with the open doors to all from the new Europe.

end link