Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As Sue revealed on the subject of where have all the posters gone,the Council Cabinet is talking about free swimming lessons for the over 60's and those aged 16 and under.
    The Goverment has allocated £15 million to Councils for the over 60'sfor 2009/10 and if they agree to that DDC will recieve over £38,000 and then they would qualify to go to stage 2 the free swimming for those 16 and under.This will be a grant of £25 million to start 2010/11.
    Then if they take up these options they will then become eligible for a modenise pool provision of £60 million to update the swimming pools and the first £10 million being available in the financial year 2008/9.
    Although I think is a excellant idea I wish it had been done in reverse,surely we need to teach our youngsters how to swim and give them something to do before the older person,who have some income and can choose how to spend it,but I am not going to knock the idea.
    What do the Forumites think good idea or not?

end link