Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi there, my fiance is French and currently back home living in Calais until we can wed and she moves to the UK. I want to visit her this weekend and continue to do so whilst we are apart.

I worried about parking in Dover as a friend of mine went to Brighton a couple of weekends ago and had his car smashed and broken in to. I've googled "free parking" in Dover and an official website came up with this list of "free" car parks.

Broadlees Bottom
    Buckland Bridge
    Bushey Ruff
    Coombe Valley Road
    Danes Recreation Ground
    Drop Redoubt
    Elms Val Recreation Groud
    Kearsney Abbey
    Manley Close
    North Military Road
    River Recreation Ground
    St Martin's Battery
    White Cliffe's Business Park
    White Cliffe's Enterprise Park
    Whitfield Court

Are they free? Are they to be trusted over a weekend break? Are there any that are easily recommended over the others?

OR

Would it be better to park in a good neighborhood in Dover?

I read through your forum and apparently good neighborhoods are Elms Vale Road, Maxton Road, Manor Road etc. Could I park here or are there heavy restrictions for residents?

I don't want to annoy anyone by using a space but parking in another town and coming in on a train (National Rail is super reliable!) leaves too many possibilities for things going wrong and missing my Ferry......... Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Ian

end link