Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am being asked by a lot of people if they can join this Forum. While I do not want to disappoint people at all, sadly the answer has to be ..No.

This little Forum is NOT intended as a comeback of any kind. MY FORUM DAYS ARE OVER as Ive said all along. When the bigtime Forum days ended some months ago, it was a great relief to me that it was finally over....and that view hasnt changed. It was a lot of grief, a lot of aggravation, a lot of threatened legal actions and a lot worse, and none of us this end miss any of it.

As we said on another thread, my buspass is iminent, and I look forward to it...it's a young mans game managing Forums and Im not quite that anymore. The clock keeps ticking on and us oul geezers get different priorities.

So I am sorry to disappoint people but this is not a FORUM comeback. It was intended as an extension to the dodgy Open Letters Page so that the guys contributing there all along could carry on contributing here should the worst happen.

Hopefully in its small CLUB guise the members will make it a success but if not then we would just shut it down. Allowing all those who want to join, to actually join, will just re-create what we had before...so it doesnt make any sense to us. Nowadays the emphasis is on the magazine and it gets good viewing figures and we will keep that running either way. But the website is openly interactive for everyone everywhere. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER of this club section to contribute to the other Open Letter Sections or all the Comments pages.

Ive said most of this before but thought I better make another announcement for those who havent been with us all along but whose ears pricked up at the mention of the word 'Forum'.

So thats the state of play as is.
    I will make this a sticky topic for a day or so.

end link