Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Have to be careful here or I will be seen agreeing with Ross again.

Being a loyal supporter since the 60's I do believe like any project you should have a dream of what you want to see in future years.
    The club, if it is relying on support alone in it's push up the league, then over the season's the support has shown this isn't going to happen.
    We even had a plea from the chair at one point stating if crowds don't improve he could walk. Nothing changed, so we move on.
    I think the club should be applauded for reaching such a high level in non league football, up against far bigger full time clubs(remember still is part time)
    Ambition should always be to be better.
    But with it reality at how or if you can achieve this aim.

Without doubt bringing in players costs money, and Dover missed this opportunity earlier in the season when other clubs were building up there clubs for the serious run in at the end of the season.
    I don't know if there is a parachute payment like in the premier(but lower amount)for clubs that get into the football league from the National league then get relegated?

I, like 600 or more others will support Dover whatever league they end up in as I'm a Dovorian supporting my local team.
    Its great to see a far higher standard of football, you only have to go down league to see the standards drop.
    But I also recognise as speaking with other supporters although it would be great to be a football league club, the fan base probably would be a problem, together with lack of financial backers, and being part time.

end link