Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan Higgins wrote:
    Restricted income does not always mean poor even those on high income might not have much left if they choose to live the high life.

Drug habits are notoriously expensive .

But joking aside:

Clickbate journalism. I wouldn't mind betting that statistically there's more aggro in The High Street.

Growing up one of my best friends families occupied (and owned I presumed) one of those four storey houses near The Horse Trough. As did their neighbours. And their neighbours. And their neighbours neighbours. And then there were a couple of guest houses/hotels iirc. You get the picture. All of those back alleys were great as kids with pushbikes. I'm talking late '70s early '80s.

It's now thought of as bedsit land, though personally I've no idea of how true that actually is these days. I do know that a couple of decades ago a few addresses there were used as temporary holding spaces by The Home Office, which gave it a bad press nationally that it has never really recovered from (as said article notes).

Such is the way. Massive, used to be family owned, houses. Now flats or Houses of Multiple Occupancy (read bedsits). It was Vicky Park and London Road before that. Barton Road next? Just look at The Leas in Folkestone and some of those pieces of Edwardian madness. How many of those are single family places these days? Won't somebody think of the parking ?

Anything to do with having to sell the family home to pay for care costs these days?

/rant

Have to add that The Priory totally rocks of an evening at the weekend and is the place to be imo. No pubs my arse.

end link