Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Took a walk from Folkestone West to Folkestone Central via Sandgate, the lower Leas and the harbour today.

This new footpath (still under construction) begins near the east end of the coastal park and snakes across the shingle beach to the harbour arm. I assume these are sleepers from the old railway:

It doesn't look busy, but it was lunchtime, and the restaurants, bars and cafes in the covered area to the right of the Greek restaurant-on-a-bus were full:

A lovely tin-hatted lady from Step Short pointed out the new Antony Gormley sculpture on the harbour arm's half tide loading bay (part of the Triennial starting in September). Fortunately the tide was out when I visited so the whole piece was visible. The girder's not there for reasons of modesty: it was the best view I could get. You can also look down on the sculpture if you're happy walking on the mesh above it. There is apparently another on Sunny Sands (which I couldn't pick out) and a third in Margate:

end link