Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

On the question of the flu variant H3N2 (currently known as Aussie Flu) then this is absolutely real and I know a number of people in Dover who have had or are currently struggling with it. I can categorically say that despite getting hit with it myself I am glad I had a flu jab a couple of months ago as I have suffered considerably less than friends who did not have one.

I would add that unless you are in a high risk group (over 65 or pregnant or a young child or have underlying health issues e,g breathing or heart issues) the best treatment is to stay at home, drink lots of fluids and take paracetamol or ibuprofen to ease muscle aches and reduce temperatures.

The current advice from the NHS is
    If you develop sudden chest pain, have difficulty breathing or start coughing up blood, call 999 or go to A&E.

See your GP if:

your symptoms don't improve after seven days
    you're worried about your child's symptoms
    you're 65 or over
    you're pregnant
    you have a long-term medical condition such as diabetes, or heart or lung disease
    you have a weakened immune system (for example, you take HIV therapy or are on chemotherapy)

end link