Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I don't understand, I have experience of other countries and they respect and look after their flag.

Yes, Great Britain has a varied history and not always Great, but we should still be proud of who we are and a flag is a representation of that. If you've ever been to a citizenship ceremony (I have) many of the attendees are so proud to get their nationality and call themselves British, it makes you ashamed of how some native Brits treat their flag.

Not that you can go very easily at the moment, but for example, if you go to Poland around the start of May, 90% of houses and shops / offices will have their national flag on display to celebrate their independence day.

In fact, in their equivalent of B&Q they have a section where you can buy flags of all sizes and holders to put on you house!

If you don't want to or can't be bothered to look after it, just don't display it, simple.

end link