Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well done, Alan dearest

I am so very pleased you were able to be there, happy for you that it was such a wonderful experience for you, and your description of the poppies falling is poignant indeed. Good man!

And at home: Not Forgotten. Thank you to our good friend, Andy, who laid the Dover War Memorial Project wreath this year at our own home town memorial. I hear there were so many wreaths, the laying took almost as long as the service. Wonderful indeed.

Simon and I are still slowly coming back to earth again - the DWMP, spent the anniversary of the Armistice in London, with groups of schoolchildren, along with many other people, old friends and new. It was the most moving occasion, and the schoolchildren were absolute darlings. They had worked so very hard on learning about our Fallen, and were appreciative of and interested in everything. They made our days. There were a lot of tearful moments, but, too, with relatives of our casualties and in the company of our younger generations, times too of enormous pride, and gratitude, and moments of happiness and joy, and great laughter. Thorugh it all, we felt buoyed along by a tide of love.

Those who Fell died in the most horrendous of circimstances, their lives taken before their time. But I truly think, if they could see their legacy, they would have been proud. There'd have been tears in heaven this 90th Armistice.

end link