Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hey, these Reform Party candidates, are they laser-focused or what? Howard Cox, who is running for City Hall in May's mayoral election in London said: "I predicted a few years back that rushing into new idealistic based choices for our vital public transport infrastructure must be tempered. The rosy picture of the promise of zero emissions has clouded ill-informed politicos’ judgements to ignore safety issues and the cost of replacing reliable and proven safer lower cost diesel buses. I call upon a full moratorium on all electric public vehicle transport fleets across the UK, until a guarantee of passenger safety is secured."

So whilst the DVSA recall concerns the HVAC system and Alexander Dennis have yet to identify the root cause, Mr Cox has already pinpointed it as an EV problem; tres insightful.

FWIW, Bristol REs and Leyland National (diesel-engined) buses had an annoying tendency at one time to catch fire in the engine compartment, and I witnessed one incident and saw the aftermath of a few more.

end link