Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Chris wrote:
    Even if the majority of those homeowners have cars, the new developments still need a bus service. "Providing additional services" is exactly what this does.

I assume those against it think that extending the 61 route is the answer? Given the eventual size of the Whitfield expansion, how long would journey times be if a single route covers that entire area?

There are loads of new developments which have been built across the district over the last few years which have no bus service at all. The relatively small amount of new builds in Whitfield have been slow to sell and the fast track bus 'incentive' is to try an help flip 1,000's of new homes quickly for a tidy profit and then the service will slowly disappear to save cost once all the houses are sold.

I am not sure if I could handle leaving work, struggling to get the tube to St Pancras, train down to Dover Priory and bus back up to Whitfield. Seems horrendous even without delays.

end link