Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This has resurfaced again and a "revised" application is on this weeks planning list (Ref DOV 12/00440)

Despite the previous officers report and recommendation, effectively upheld by the Supreme Court, recommending a maximum of 365 [U]houses[/U] the revised application appears to be seeking permission for the following:

At Farthingloe:
    1 bed houses - 14
    2 bed houses - 155
    3 bed houses - 189
    4 bed houses - 42
    1 bed apartment - 66
    2 bed apartment - 43
    3 bed apartment - 3
    studio retirement apt - 2
    1 bed retirement apt - 29
    2 bed retirement apt - 55
    3 bed retirement apt - 4

Total units - 602
    Houses - 400
    Apartments - 112
    Retirement Apartments - 90

Even I can see that this significantly exceeds not only their previous application but also the recommendation from the officers on the previous report. In their covering letter CGIs agents state that they have reduced "housing units" from 521 to 512 - apparently retirement homes are not housing!
    They also have a report from BNP Paribas (the consultants who said the officers recommended number of units would render the scheme unenviable) who, unsurprisingly, have concluded that the proposed scheme cannot viably provide affordable housing.

It seems to me that CGI have taken no account of the decision of the Supreme Court or of the previous comprehensive report from the planning officers and are simply pressing ahead with an unacceptable scheme and deluging the planning portal with documents (currently 329 and counting).

Whilst we all, I am sure, would like to see high quality housing developments in Dover, these cannot be at the expensive of our natural environmental heritage or to the detriment of young Dovorians seeking affordable homes.

I would urge all of you to review this application and to comment on it asap

end link