Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard - this is what happens when a hegemony develops on a district council. On most issues it will pass us by. Bins still get emptied, council tax is still paid, parking regulations administered etc etc.

Planning is more consequential because it can have everlasting consequences. Once a natural asset is gone, it is gone forever. I'm not trying to teach anyone's grandmother to suck eggs but I genuinely feel very strongly about this. There is a strong whiff of suspicion about how the Tory led DDC has pursued this application through the courts at a considerable expense of taxpayers' money. It hangs around the shoulders of DDC like a particularly virulent fart.

Planning has to take into account everyone's interests. If we have a local asset in the form of an AONB then it should only be sacrificed if there is tangible benefit to the people of Dover and the natural assets are taken into account. Charlie's actions on behalf of this debt laden company with its strange musical chairs directorships are wildly disproportionate. I will continue to fight it in any way I can and would urge others who can see through this web of bulls**t to do similarly. It is purely about profit, not the people of Dover.

How can anyone walk through the town and believe that concreting over the Farthingloe Valley in perpetuity is a priority? Now we will see which way DDC's priorities really lie - party allegiance or environment - when the new application is lodged. Why should we bail out a group of "here today and gone tomorrow" businessmen who are up to their necks in debt at the expense of our local countryside. It stinks just like the Shepway situation stinks.

end link