Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I appreciate that this is a minority interest topic but I now have a slightly better understanding of what appears to be on the table for anyone interested. Cards on the table first - yes, I am strongly opposed to this development on the grounds that it is an attempt to make money out of a needless exploitation of a beautiful part of our country side.

There are too many political aspects to reiterate here. Suffice it to say that this whole sorry saga represents a monstrous mismanagement within our local planning process.

CGI appear to have appointed the RPS Group to represent their interests in recouping the money they borrowed from the Israeli Discount Bank to fund the development of the Farthingloe valley site. RPS is an international organisation with a fine reputation in planning, development and environmental project management. They are serious players in this type of project amongst many others. I've no doubt that their services will not come cheaply. They have made an early start on their charm offensive but have told me that they do not expect their revised plans to be up for permission before the end of the year. Quite what they will have on show at next week's consultation remains therefore something of a mystery.

I've been unable to get to the bottom of other allegations on here about another individual with a financial interest in the project (see posts from Humbert earlier). Any further information would be appreciated. As far as I can ascertain the answer to the "cui bono" question is solely the corporate entity that is China Gateway International. There is a new face on the CGI board after the death of a previous main player. His place of residence is Cambodia.

If you have any interest in the local planning process, I would urge you to keep an eye on this one. I hate to be a bore but I do believe that this concerns all of us either directly or indirectly in so far as what is shows about planning legislation and the influence of local politics.

end link