Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

David B

I live in Maxton have done since I moved to Dover nearly 20 years ago. The hills are great for kids growing up and exploring.

My memories of the area that will hopefully be developed and somewhat different to what people keep describing it as. Yes it looks green and who doesn't like a green field, however there is miles and miles of hills to explore. This area is perfect for building prime housing. Did anyone on here campaign/ complain as much when they decided to turn it into the Channel Tunnel village??

Dover attitude personified "NOT IN MY BACK YARD", I think there is already a Council filled with people that share your point of view. That's exactly why Dover is so depressed and they can't make a decision.

I'd like to know how an 18 hole golf course would be more beneficial to Dover? or another park.

#151 - Andrew, I think developers maximising profits its nothing to do with this scheme. The fact is Dover needs investment and anyone that's willing to show an interest should be encouraged and not scared off with strict planning conditions. I totally agree that the scheme needs to be suitable for Dover and I think it is I think it covers some key elements that Dover needs.

Who cares if the Developer makes a whole tonne of money, let's hope they do so it encourages more development, more job and more opportunities in Dover.

The existing houses in Maxton and Farthingloe weren't always there and I don't think they have had a detrimental impact on the environment. This valley has miles of green land that is far more beautiful than Farthingloe village.

If anything Building Contractors are more conscious of the environment now that ever before.

end link