Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith,

We can get companies into the town centre let along build more industrial units away from the town and how long can you keep developing Whitfield and neglect the real problem... Dover!

I would disagree that this area of Farthingloe is an AONB and it has no benefit to anyone in its current state. Completely agree that the hills behind the development should be protected, but this development would supply the type of housing that is required in Dover and in an area that could lure in slightly more affluent people. Regardless of where they work they will spend their money in Dover if the town is regenerated.

Andrew - I completely agree that is has to be the right scheme for the town, look at the mess thats been made of past developments.

I hope the deal has been done and this goes ahead, once someone starts investing hopefully more will too! There is a great deal to be optimistic about Western Heights and Farthingloe scheme, Buckland Mill Development, St James' Development, Buckland Hospital and many more. Hopefully these project will be the beginning of reviving Dover.

end link