Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Roger,

I am miffed, but we are all entitled to our opinions. I accept that there will need to be some development at Farthingloe, but I really felt the committee went too far with the housing numbers and accomodating the developer's interests rather than everyone elses'. 521 homes in the AONB is a very big deal and makes a mockery of the protection that status is supposed to afford. Had you gone with the officers' recommendation for max of 365 houses I wouldn't exactly have been over the moon but I'd definitely have felt better about it.

And I just don't trust CGI. They have no track record of community benefit, they are all about getting planning permission to develop sites like this, and are clearly focussed on maximising their return on their investment. Which is why it is so important that any permission is very tightly conditioned to ensure they deliver on their promises.

The two comments at the committee meeting that really did it for me where cllr Norris saying we should just trust the developers and cllr Beresford saying houses are nice to look at. That is making light of the very serious impact this will have on the whole character of the valley, not just CGI's property.

end link