Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The main impact in the AONB will be at Farthingloe, basically extending the town up the valley. Nobody has satisfactorily explained to me how it can be right to implement a large housing development in one place (Farthingloe- 521 houses and a residential home) whilst all the mitigation (investment in heritage etc) will be at a totally separate place (the Western Heights).The investment being proposed at the Western Heights is being offered by CGI solely because without it they know they would never get approval to build the houses at Farthingloe (in designated AONB), which is their main objective. They own Great Farthingloe on the south side of the valley and want to maximise their investment there. Thankfully they have nothing to do with Little Farthingloe, which is my parents' place.

So it is very important that any planning permission is tightly conditioned to ensure they deliver on their promises to invest in the Western Heights, otherwise those promises will likely prove empty. I agree the Western Heights need tidying up and the important sites there need investment, but this isn't the way to go about it. I'm a professional archaeologist, so am pretty familiar with what is up there.

end link