Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I've boycotted reality and 'celebrity' tv shows for the past few years for reasons very much allied to Rick's. The music industry is crap these days compared to how it used, I believe it's gone backwards over the past two decades thanks to the likes of Stock, Aitken & Waterman, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell; I'm sure there are many more in this genre but I'm too apathetic to care, and if I bothered to find out who they were, they'd have won.

Fact is, there is genuine talent out there - go into any pub with a regular music set and discover it for yourselves, without having to pay premium rate phone charges in the process. Music isn't about mainstream, well-groomed, artificial talent that sells to the masses; music is raw, powerful, emotional stuff borne out of prejudice, suffering and real life. How did the likes of the Stones, The Who etc. get discovered before the advent of plastic telly?

end link