Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think that is a good idea Paul (Scotchie), but the cost in postage would be enormous and think of all those dry toungues !

As Howard says not everyone is on email, but there is a growing number and the emails I send out are all blind, so no one can receive any spam or scam emails from them.

If anyone would like to be added to my email address groups they can email me and they would be added and sent out the information, in a safe way.

Very good Howard.

The Anti-Social Behaviour Unit (or Community Safety Unit as it's now called) was set up as a public response to what should have the support (ASB or Tourism), with the limited (DDC) funds available and naturally Anti-Social Behaviour won - it would now, six years later if put to the people again.

Not all tourism initiatives needs loads of money chucking at it, but the money that is spent on it now, needs to be re-assessed; what it also needs is a pro-active tourism body with a CAN-DO attitude.

Many initiatives can and often are, run on a shoe-string (like the Discover Dover leaflet, which through the forward-thinking Town Council, can now have a version printed in English and distributed far and wide), many of them could raise Dover's profile to a lot of people from over seas.

Making Dover a destination from a Group Travel point of view should also be followed up.

Ensuring Dover is a bright, clean, safe, welcoming, attractive, affordable Town with a good range of quality shops, pubs, cafe's and restaurants needs attending to as well.

We do have some very good pubs, shops, cafe, and restaurants, we just need more and more diversity.

Roger

end link