Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Interesting posts there .Good to see Barry W and i are on the same wave length .The main point Guzzler was making followed by myself we need employment .Firms that make things .Shops give some jobs but if people dont have jobs they cannot spend in the shops .That is why over the years Dover has lost some quality shops .Who buys Hats ,gloves decent clothes etc .How much longer will the Art shop survive .

Many years ago my sons were thinking of relocating their business to Dover .Planners etc were not keen to see an engineering firm based at Whitfield so they remai n in Dartford where they have expanded .They now employ over twenty chaps ,engineering backround and sell to the overseas market

What do we have that a childrens party place .Which sucks the money out of people pockets and I think I stand to be corrected employs two or three people .

Marek you are so right once they moved staff from the Eastern Docks the writing was on the wall .

Royal Mail is another .I dont think we are fighting enough .Yes people like me are unpopular but someone needs to be accountable .We get paid an allowance to be a councillor which should be earnt by putting the hours in .Sadly the power goes to the few, and people like Roger and myself sit on the outer circle
    Very few Full Council meetings and even there debate is restricted .The only avenue open is to ply the questions .Question time is for one hour only .

Mebers of the public could ask questions so if some of you who protest on here were to ask questions at a Full coucil meeting we might get some where ..

end link