Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The way its looking Roger, it is not possible for Dover to have both..the only chance for central Dover is as I see it, is with the develoment of something powerful enough to match these retail parks...ie the ASDA supermarket devlopment (DTIZ) which is currently on the table, albeit a very long table. We have seen the guys on this forum saying quite often how they go to shop in the supermarkets in Canterbury or Folkestone...so they suck people in from elsewhere...our ASDA development would therefore do the same to people elsewhere in other towns or outlying districts, and will therefore keep the inner town alive.

With regard to Planning though, as was mentioned in Guzzler's interesting original post. The planning department reflects the views of local people and as I see it local people are generally ...generally, against any kind of new development. There is a huge reluctance to grapple with anything that might bring change. I think thats part of the problem..it has become easier to do nothing... that way nobody gets offended and the quiet life goes on.

end link