Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well said .I have repeatedly said unless people have jobs they cannot support the shops we do have .I do know where our Council estates are having held the cabinet post for six years which oversaw the local housing It makes me very sad when I see how some families struggle .I count myself lucky as I receive a pension from my late husbands employer ,however It does not mean I go on Holidays .I manage to keep a roof over my head .Icame home the other day travelling on a bus as per say and I felt that I as a councillor should be doing more to help people .Its all very well having grand ideas but let us get back to the basics and I say again Cable Cars and Giant Tv screens do not put the food on the table .Our young people deserve a future and that means jobs .Give them work and perhaps the pride will come back .
    I watched a young girl recently getting on the bus loaded down with basic essentials .Her remark was I have just got paid and I suppose that was her social money .Probably no husband and if she had one he probably has no job .

Some people work who have no need as they could live on a lower income and give more jobs for those in need .Perhaps now it is clear why I dont sing from the same song sheet as some of my fellow councillors .Im an old fashioned councillor and by listening and watching people you do get a clearer picture .We as councillors should actively be out there trying to get employment into our town .
    We need investment to create jobs not airy fairy schemes .That is good old fashioned employment where people make things to sell abroad
    one of my famous quotes from years ago and only after I said it did I realise how it came over .Wait for it ."We need more men doing things with their Hands "
    Well thats a good end to a rant

end link