Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Whilst delving into the forums archive again, March 2008, I came across Andrew Stevens introducing himself as a new member, and reading through the various comments. Jaqui`s interested me about the elderly lady with her wartime memories. With the years passing by, much history from citizens who were there is lost forever once they`ve gone. Not just the war. The bus shelter for instance on Folkestone road, the doubts as to whether it was an ex-tram body. Yet, I wonder how long ago, the last person died who had reliable knowledge of it`s origin? What I`m getting at is creating a record somehow, of Dover in the distant past with citizens who have clear memories of a particular area, building etc, before it dies with them, and lost forever. Remember the last line of Robert Louis Stephenson`s poem, `From a Railway Carriage`? Each a glimpse and gone forever.

end link