Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern. You have qualified what you said about businesses and likewise was not critical of you but of the sweeping statement you made.

Business people of course manage their own business in the interests of their businesses, not Dover. Ultimately Dover needs profitable businesses, not failures so that is right.

The point you make about the management of Dover is a fair but an arguable one and on which I have a different viewpoint. You hear comments such as yours in the pub every night and indeed 30 years ago I was saying very similar things, nothing changes. I got elected and served 12 years on DDC when I found I did not have all the answers and things were more complex and difficult than the 'man in the pub' imagines. I did try to make a difference in my time and believe I did and that is all you can expect of any councillor. Generations change and always the 'man in the pub' will know how to do things better, few of them actually put themselves in the firing line and only when you do does reality bite. At least there are many that try, for which we should be thankful, because it can be often a thankless task with all the sniping and everyone else knowing better than you...That never changes.

end link