Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The very fact that people engage in these conversations should give anyone hope that better things can be achieved. I love Dover and the people here, it is the very fact that we are not always represented well or given what we deserve as a town, that encourages us to engage in these conversations. Yes we should keep challenging what the DDC, DHB do, and yes People like Tom Evans should keep raising solutions/questions, and yes, even some people should stand up and say that ASDA is a good idea...even if it is not!

I personally think the 'DTIZ quietness' is perhaps a sign that things are not going quite as anticipated and perhaps this is will be a time when the approach evolves. I'm not saying no to ASDA, or no to redevelopment, but there is now a huge amount of concepts in public domain to start allowing the ideas to evolve. It is the council's responsibility to unify these elements, to create capacity for the town's expansion. OK the Asda plans are there but how do they relate to the harbour's plan or the wellington dock. An amusing exposure of the lack of thinking was the original Weatherspoon plan that created an outdoor space that only had dialogue with the Asda car park...nice!

I realise wheel are in motion but before construction starts it is nothing short of arrogant for the Council not to address these very real connections, because the developers of supermarkets will not....and why would they? A pleasing view towards the sea will not make people buy more value beans or sweatshop garments. Now is the time for DDC to stand up and prove that they are listening and thinking about the future rather than developing 'bits' of the town in isolation. If they are not doing this they are simply not building an infrastructure for the future merely providing a quick one liner!

I'd just like to point out that I am not putting down the hard work of so many committed individuals that work so hard for our town, but am asking for DDC collectively to represent the town, rather than merely attempt to manage it!

end link