Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dave - the multi-story was at the time needed as the main parking for the WCE. It was envisaged that it would eventually probably be pulled down as part of the eventual redevelopment as will now happen. I do remember that even then it was not up to the standard of modern multi-story car parks and the taxi offfice was part of the 'security' measures because of a vandalism problem. So you have a point about its uselesness.

It was the right decision because it can now be redeveloped as part of the much larger project. At the time of course the re-development that is now the DTIZ had no clear definition by way of what land holdings would be included, it was an asperation towards which we were starting to work. The more land that could be gathered for the project the better and we had only a rough idea of the total redevelopment area.

I suspect the refusal to renew was something to do with bringing leases into line for the development but I cannot be sure about that - it was a long time ago and after I left that committee.

end link