Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello all,

Yes, I enjoyed the WW2 event at Pencester Gardens too; good fun and a good effort by everyone involved.

Right - jollity and general backslappery aside, and on to weightier Dover (with an 'e') matters again: when are we finally going to see evidence of wrecking balls wreaking their splendid revenge in the close vicinity of Burlington House, the bus depot, the County Hotel, the multistorey and...why stop there?...may friendly JCBs rain down on all of Bench Street and most of King Street, the wilderness formerly known as The Crypt and its environs...'Damages' (stunningly offsetting the gay-sounding 'Dover Pride' offices at the moment, each oozing architectural splendour at each other) et al?

As myself and Keef mused a while back on this very forum, 'Chavsda' and Co all seem to have fallen very silent of late regarding the regeneration zone, as have our noble town burghers.

Is that the sound of crunchy credit I hear?

Regards all,

Andy Stevens (DAFC and bar)

PS - an open question to the council/any bugger who'll listen: Is the former Images/ABC/Granada building in Castle Street an Emin-esque example of post-modernist coastal town angst, perchance? Perhaps I'm missing something. Maybe we should go all De Haan-like, re-badge it as the centrepiece of the 2008 Dover Triennial and coax down all those DFLs from up the line to mull and muse over its edgy blight.

Cheap at half the price, innit?

end link