Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Brian, with respect, I have always tried to support Dover but have never supported the St James' scheme and have consistently made my views clear.

We are not going to turn Dover around by all channelling Norman Vincent Peale any more than the Yippies managed to elevate the Pentagon.

I have read extensively on Town Regeneration and talked to and listened to people who have actually managed to turn town centres around rather than snake-oil salesmen and self publicists like Portas.

Never has anyone suggested the way forward is to spend two decades using public money to build a load of sheds trying to sell stuff and then flog it to a Pension Company for a lesser amount.

I presume you have read the Grimsey Review and more importantly Grimsey Review 2 www.vanishinghighstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GrimseyReview2.pdf which are very much a starting point for Town Centre regeneration?

I'd love to know where St James', originally suggested the very year that Amazon started trading in the UK (!) plays its part in a successful Dover future.

end link