Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Latest on M&S is a 14th March opening - a fourth put back change of date following three different dates offered for a February opening.

Meanwhile the brick wall, dividing the site from the river alongside the M&S end of the site, is nearly finished complete with a wide set of steps down to the Dour path. Wooden planters frame the inner side of the wall, complete with a variety of plants.

A real shame that there has been so little information on public transport into and from the site. St James was a DDC inspired and promoted project and although the site is under L&G control and bus services are not Council responsibility, transport links within the District do fall within the remit of the Portfolio holder for Access & Licensing at Fort Whitfield. I was encouraged to see Cllr Cowan raising this issue at the last full Council Meeting this week. The usual obfuscated reply I understand. Take it up with Stagecoach. Nothing to do with DDC. Remind me again exactly when DDC proposed the redevelopment of the St James site. Was it within living memory?

end link