Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Courtesy of Pat Sherratt - Dover Society.

Good morning Howard

Looking at the forum I see the “Flint Wall” is being discussed

Attached is the impression submitted with the application DOV/11/1056 and the wall design. Thought you may wish to use on the forum ????

We (Dover Society) have regularly raised with DDC the reduction in quality of the DTIZ etc (obviously because the developer is finding the budget tight)

We were concerned:

1. when the “Pocket Garden” on the corner of King Street/Flying Horse Lane was withdrawn from the development. No reason given
    2 The landscaping in Woolcomber street (In front of the new hotel) withdrawn. Again no reason given
    3. General landscaping (Pavements etc) now lower quality than proposed
    4. some minor alteration to materials of retail/ cinema units

I have looked at every application for this scheme and as far as the wall in Townwall Street am unable to find any alteration in design.

We all want the scheme to be delivered and sadly the quality of design and materials is the easiest cost cutting. The site itself has not generated all the retail “New Brand Names” to Dover but only concentrated on relocation from Town Centre that was what DDC said at the time would not occur. Of course the Developer will seek the easy option for rental by securing existing Dover outlets and I suspect there are still some more to follow in the remaining “ available” units

end link