Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Goodwin Sands debacle is a McGuffin and almost irrelevant to the main plot.

What has NOT been made clear is the necessity and indeed urgency of the T2 development which is becoming a bit like Dover's version of the Garden Bridge farce in London.

Seriousy.

IF T2 is going to be built then let's get on with it with dredging from the Goodwins EVEN IF we believe it is not the best outcome, in the realisation that things have progressed too far to pull out OR DHB should just pull the plug on the project and rename the piling the Ozymandis Breakwater as a national warning about hubris.

As I said at a meeting in Deal the other day 'if DHB were a private company and I was a shareholder I would be looking to the board to resign'.

They might be OK at running a load of waterside toll-booths but are proving somewhat useless at convincing anyone in the construction industry that they are capable of medium sized project delivery.

There has been far too much secrecy hidden behind a screen of 'commercial confidentiality'. Trust Port status has allowed them to go their own way without scrutiny from shareholders as in a private company or directions from Government to 'work for the public good' as in a nationalised industry.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - indeed.

(Bugger. There goes the long time berth-holder discount. )

end link