Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul Watkins wrote:
    I am bemused by all the misinformation on this matter.

The new marina is already under construction as is the 'cut' joining the new marina to the Wellington Dock Marina. That is fact.

The next phase of Dover's development- Wellington Dock to Dover Town Hall- is in the final phase of Master Planning prior to public consultation- when partners agree the last details- which include crossing the A20 & joining the Town Centre to the Waterfront.

Re-configuration of York St is also part of this project.

I would hope the MMO decide the application on evidence based Scientific & authentic Heritage issues. So far they have ducked their decision making responsibilities which are to no ones benefit & rachets up costs unnecessarily.

The campaigners have had them on the run & they are under pressure.

Delay is at Dover's cost.

It's time the MMO's lack of resolve is determined; whatever the outcome.

This has gone on too long & the larger local community is the loser.

I am also bemused. Surely if Dover Council had just told the harbour board that the Goodwins were off limit then the cost of aggregate would have been included in the project, everyone would be happy and all this divisiveness and ridiculous big brother advertising campaign would not be necessary. The original report which was commissioned consulted Dover Council so the lack of resolve falls firmly on your lap.

end link