Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Jan, yes, as per my post #294, on this subject I have agreed to speak publicly because, after studying the evidence presented, I do agree that accessing material from the Goodwins is the most environmentally sound choice which also has the side benefit of maximising the amount that can be invested in delivering on public realm regeneration along the waterfront and jobs for Dover and the wider area. If more has to be spent on accessing material elsewhere at a higher environmental cost, which also has to be offset, then there will inevitably be a difference between the non-revenue earning elements that the port wants to deliver and what can be delivered. However, I am not, in more general terms, a spokesman for the port.

Mr Vic, you seem to forget that the DHB was trying to sell itself to remote private equity shareholders at the time and that had it not sought to do so, there would have been no reason to create the organisation that I headed as an alternative.

end link