Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Christine A. What is actually happening with the construction so far shows exactly the outline in the computerised drawings. Decisions made in and 2014 and 2015 are being realised as construction proceeds. Phases 1 and 2 of the DWDR are being delivered together and will largely complete by the 3rd quarter of next year.

There are no plans that I am aware of for the huge lorry park that you describe.

Cambridge Terrace will be standing and in use long after my grandchildren are drawing their pensions.

I remember when Granville, the Tidal Basin and The Wellington were made into marina space; yes, I recall that there were plans to deliver more from that space, why they weren't delivered I do not know for sure, but suspect that constitutional restrictions on the port's powers to enter into joint ventures and raise money via loans which bound the port at that time may be the main reasons. Those sort of restrictions were removed as part of the major port reforms which have taken place since 2012.

end link