Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I can comment freely in a personal capacity Howard.

No one has told me to say nothing Mr Vic. Earlier in this thread and in the media I laid out what I thought and also explained how a non-approval of the license by the MMO impacts what the Port management can deliver for and in Dover. Some questioned my honesty in saying what I said and others chose not to believe what I said. Some of the comments flew in the face of common sense whilst trying to sound like common sense and I didn't have anything additional that I wanted to add to the conversation because I don't think that it is helpful to question the honesty of people's views, especially when there exists a clear inconsistency in the way that applications to the MMO over the sands are protested or not depending on the organisation that has made the application.

That said, the piles that you see on the old hoverport pad are NOT from the Goodwins. No dredging can or will take place unless a license is granted. That material is suitable aggregate that has been sourced, sorted and graded, from local, low carbon impact, construction and demolition sites. The port has, from the start of planning the DWDR project, made, and continues to make, every effort to source as much material as possible from environmentally low impact local sources with short transport cycles.

end link