Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

howard mcsweeney1 wrote:
    My view is if it's going to cost nearly £20M to get it elsewhere and put the project at risk, then just go ahead and do it.

Nobody can go ahead and do anything until the MMO say they can, the issue of coastal erosion has not been clarified yet.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the pending Marine Conservation Zone status, MOD licence and potential legal action. Then you have all the unknown costs (un-exploded munitions, security against activists like Greenpeace and delays due to wreck and remain discoveries and extraction).

There are some shocking comments from councillors and DHB representatives on this forum but it highlights once again why DDC and DHB are held in such contempt by the community. Profit rules, but as I have stated before, I think the repercussions and damage to Dover if it goes ahead will offset any savings. Not the greatest source but the comments on this article give an indication of how the nation will react.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3794712/Battle-Goodwin-Sands-Fury-plan-dredge-sandbank-remains-RAF-heroes-laid-76-years.html

end link