Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Funnily enough I was thinking about the forthcoming Dredging of the Goodwin Sands as I was driving along the Newbury By-pass the other day. Remember that? Swampy and company on the TV every night it seemed.

Hopefully we won't be wasting £5 million on police time and £25 million on security guards this time to keep the protesters at bay though I must admit I'd look forward to seeing the protest camp on the sands! At least the eco-warriors would get a wash twice a day.

Fortunately the Froggies don't seem to have this problem about large civil engineering projects which is why I can get from London to Marseille in under seven hours by Eurostar (though I seem to remember protests from a local load of idiots, again on TV, how the line was going to 'ruin the Garden of England' or some such).

Anyway Friday 19.30 the VCRs all over Deal will be springing into action (though hopefully none of them working on electricity brought by pylons which despoil our countryside from a dangerous nuclear power station)!

Andy Warhol said that we'd all enjoy having 15 minutes of fame. Do enjoy yours. Such a shame it wasn't for doing anything useful for humankind.

end link