Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think the consultants hired Stanley Unwin to word the answers, the last sentence in this answer was all that was needed.

Q2: In view of your confidence in the proposed dredging of the Goodwin
    Sands, would you agree to a clause in your extraction licence to the effect
    that if any coastal impact (e.g. erosion, flooding etc.) arises along the
    coast from Kingsdown to Sandwich Bay in the next 15 years you (Port of
    Dover) will meet the costs of additional coastal regeneration and
    compensate homeowners and the local authorities for any
    distress/damage? - Esme Chilton

A: Section 6 of the ES sets out the existing environment for hydrodynamic
    processes (i.e. wave and tides) and sedimentary processes (i.e. erosion and
    accretion) and assesses the potential changes to the physical environment and any
    secondary impacts resulting from this, such as any subsequent erosion or flooding
    Open Meeting: Q&A Report PB2107/R20160804/303686/Lond
    Final Report - 3 - 5 August 2016
    at the coast. The ES concluded that there would be a ‘negligible magnitude of
    effects’ predicted to result from the proposed scheme on coastal processes and
    hydrodynamics and that mitigation measures were not required. Of particular not to
    this question, the effect on waves following the dredging operation, which could
    change the processes of sediment transport, both locally and towards the east Kent
    coast, was assessed and concluded that the changes would be negligible, i.e. within
    the range of natural variation.
    The Marine Management organisation (MMO) and statutory advisors will assess the
    evidence provided within the ES, including whether the impacts are acceptable, the
    appropriate mitigation measures are in place and if any monitoring is required. The
    MMO will only grant Port of Dover permission to dredge if they conclude that it is
    safe to do so. As long as the Port complies with the licence conditions we cannot be
    liable.

end link