Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

" I think I read, would be 24/7 for several years"

Jack, info on the periods proposed for dredging is available on the Dover Western Docks Revival FB page and within the 1500 page Environmental Impact Assessment report. Plus I've copied a relevant bit that describes the 24/7 misconception below.

1. Dredging will only take place during 12 of the 36 months

2. The dredger will be used 24/7 when operating. However it will only be dredging for nine hours in any 24 [rest of the time is transporting/discharging aggregate and returning]

3. The dredger will work on the Sands for a maximum of 1,500 hours out of a total of 26,280 [NOT dredging 94% of the time]

The proposed dredge cycle and timings are clearly identified in the Environmental Statement (Volume 1 Section 2.2.2). It should be noted, that the proposed dredge schedules will be a condition of the marine licence and will need to be adhered to.

If you have any further questions that need answering, please feel free to post them on the dedicated DWDR Facebook page.

end link