Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ahh. The Luddites...

Well, we had the meeting in rooms which looked fab all decked out in display boards, press cuttings, books, posters - a real campaign headquarters.

Unfortunately, Shaun Nicholson (Head of Licensing) missed the train to Deal due to delays on the East Coast line so had to listen in to the meeting from Matthew Kindmond's blackberry from the parcel yard at Kings Cross. Not very satisfactory for any of us and he was genuinely apologetic at missing the meeting in person.

I can safely say we left Matthew in no doubt about the strength of our feeling and how we would not give up; he is now very aware that if the MMO grant a licence, we will go for judicial appeal. He listened intently to all our concerns and we pointed out the inconsistencies in the application and points raised by the statutory consultees (Natural England and Historic England). The Environment Agency now objecting is a major coup for us, although they have asked for further information from DHB which I hope won't make them change their mind back again!

He was impressed by the depth of our knowledge and the amount of material we had amassed and researched. He did comment that DHB don't seem very popular; I wonder where he got that idea from!

We took Matthew for a quick walk along the seafront and down the pier. He seemed loathe to get on his train back to Newcastle so quickly - I think he would have enjoyed sampling the local pubs.!!

end link