Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

OK, a list off the top of my head:

1. A High Street where many more shops are full
    2. More and better quality, independent shops in High Street
    3. Better quality chains in St James. I don't expect a Harrods but how about a TK Maxx ?
    4. Local authorities that spend their time working together more both among themselves and with each other
    5. An end to long-term lorry diversions through the town
    6. More effort made to get help for/rehome rough sleepers
    7. Reclamation of public spaces such as Pencester Gardens for the enjoyment of decent people and crackdown on drunks/hooligans
    8. Pub/cafe in the Market Square where you can enjoy an al fresco drink/coffee
    9. Less anti-social behaviour in general - not being assaulted by aggressive foul language everywhere you go
    10. Some police effort to end downright dangerous pavement cycling
    11. Similarly with boy racers ruling the streets with impunity
    12. More emphasis on the town and an end to the constant bleeding of facilities to Whitfield.
    13. Better education which would breed more self-respect among young people and stop them wasting their talent and potential.
    14. The police bothering to stop people openly smoking weed in the street.

None of this is unreasonable or unachievable.

BTW do you live in the town? I mean in the centre or at least not in the suburbs?

end link