Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

ANNOUNCEMENT: RACK OF ALE

RackofAle Micropub Dover·Tuesday, November 28, 2017

It is with great sadness we wish to inform you folks out there the Rack of Ale will cease trading as of close of business Saturday night.

Allow us some time to make it crystal clear as to why. Our landlords have attempted to hike our rent up considerably. They have an agenda driven by another. Way above market value. After taking advice we are aware we already pay above that deemed fair for the area. If we agree to the rental hike it will set a precedent for the area and we are not prepared to allow them to do this. It just wouldn't be viable.They have increased the rent by 25%. They also want to stop me selling specific drinks. This is simply not fair. Ross Miller- I dont see how you can refer to us as the “Rack of fail”..... we have not failed - we just stand firm on our principals and you should be ashamed for what you said.

Many of you are aware our plans are to ultimately move to France - However, we are not ready to move just yet and intend to keep a base in Dover . Having owned the Rack of Ale for 5yrs now - we can be proud of our achievement. This is just an end to a chapter and the next one will surprise you when we may crop up on our own little corner in Dover. Thank you for being there for us.....
    Now - lets party Trish style Friday and Saturday...... In the meantime - the Rack will be closed in preparation for the end I hope you can all make it this weekend to say goodbye to an era - Thank you to everybody who has supported us and continue to do so.
    With Love - Trish and Mo.

end link